Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fireproof the movie!

I don't know if any of you have seen this movie but I can tell you right now it is a must. I have been wanting to see this movie with my husband since it's been out and last night was the last showing at the theater here in Pendleton. Although we missed about fifteen minutes we decided to stay anyway. Knowing my husband I was afraid he would hate this movie because there was no blood and gore and surprisingly enough he liked it alot. He was so moved by this movie that he cried. Not the cry out loud type of cry, but a very silent outpouring of feeling. I looked at him from time to time and I could see that finally he was getting the picture on how it is so important keeping faith with his God first and secondly with me. We went to the parking lot after the movie and he opened my car door for me. The man had not done that in ages! Before he started the car he looked into my eyes and said he was sorry for forgetting what was important. I cried and silently thanked the Lord for showing him what I could not say. Praise be to the Highest! So if you haven't seen the movie yet, wait till the end of January to get your own copy. At least that is what I have heard. You will love it!

2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Oh, Paulette! That is so wonderful that God touched his heart so deeply. The apology was just the icing on the cake! I'm so happy for you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

First of all, I love the picture you have next to your profile! It is nice to see your face when you leave a comment. I love it when you comment on my blog.

Second, I'm thrilled that God touch Al with that movie. How exciting! I can't wait to see it. It has come and gone here. We'll probably have to wait until it is out on Netflix. I've heard such good things about it.