Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Love the Holidays

What is it about everything going wrong before Christmas arrives? My husband and I carefully balanced our budget in November to prepare for the holidays when all of a sudden our water heater died last week ,and then we had a family emergency, and then a problem with the truck, and last but not least a check that was suppose to arrive soon will be here after New Years. I wanted to cry at the timing of it all and crawl in my bed and sulk. I had plans and once again they became a figment of my imagination. I admit my spirits were quite low. What were we going to do? Do we boil hot water for everyday existence for a month to get presents for the children or get hot water and watch the disappointment on their faces. We knew what we had to do. Pray. Pray. Pray. The answer was clear,we got the heater. We did talk to the children about our deli ma and surprisingly enough they took it well. I was expecting fits and heartbreak and they took it in stride. I could not of been more proud of them. It was about Jesus they said in their little girly voices. I got so hooked up on making everything work perfectly that I forgot the greatest present of all. Jesus! Thank God I have two brutally honest children around to get my head back to what was important. That day we let go of our anxiety and turned to him for guidance. In a couple of days we had little blessings come our way. Adjusting few of our bills we discovered that in November some of our bills were ahead by a month. We were able to buy gifts for the children. I had been saving spare change for a while now and surprisingly enough I had about almost a hundred dollars. So with that our Christmas meal was taken care of. Even getting eggnog was taken care of! For days now I have been looking for it in stores for the family and to my dismay it was always gone before I could get one., and just last night while going to the store fore some milk I came across more eggnog that had just been stacked. I got two! Everything was made possible and I am ever so thankful that my family will have a wonderful Christmas after all. I sure will! Have a wonderful Christmas time and may God bless you with the new Year!

2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Oh, Lette, that is so encouraging and so GOD! I know, He's taken care of us in the same fashion. The devotion on the border of your blog echoes what you just said, only you just fleshed it out. Good, girl. Keep doing just what you are doing. Trusting Him, waiting on Him and seeing what amazing ways He provides for us. He likes us to live on the edge of the seat! He wants us to have some unpredictability in our lives. If it weren't that way, we wouldn't need Him, right?

I love you and am so thankful that you shared this. It has reminded me even though I'm sick and all my plans have gone awry, I am going to wait on God and see what He will do this Christmas.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so glad you posted this testimony. It is a great reminder. I'm so glad God worked everything out for you. It may be your best Christmas yet! I love you and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!